buy metformin online

Enquiry form







Address

Beijing, China

Landmark Tower 1, 12/F Unit 1215, No. 8 East Third Ring North Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100004, China

Tel: +86 10 6440 2106

Show on Google Maps
China – Africa Investment and Cooperation Activity Map for December 2018
Monday, 21 January 2019 09:03

1. Algeria – November: Algeria and China signed documents to begin a mega integrated phosphate plant in eastern Algeria worth USD 6 bn. The project is in partnership between CITIC Construction and Algerian companies Sonatrach, Asmidal and Manal. China and Algeria will hold 49% and 51% ownership in the project respectively. The project will span over 4 areas: eastern province of Tebessa, eastern province of Souk Ahras, northeastern province of Skida, and the port of Annaba. Through the project, Algeria will be able to increase its phosphate output to 10 mn tons a year and export USD 2 bn of fertilizers annually to become one of the largest fertilizer exporters around the world.

2. Ghana – December: Ghanaian President Nana Akufo-Addo opens the largest baby diaper factor in Africa, built by Sunda International.The USD 40 mn factory currently operates 7 product lines of diapers, sanitary napkins, and wet wipes. At full operation there is expectedto be 10 product lines while providing 1,000 jobs. The project is being built under the Ghanaian government’s 1-District-1-Factory initiative, a policy that attempts to drive industrialization by providing select companies with incentives such as tax holidays, import duty waivers and interest rate subsidies.

3. Nigeria – November: China Harbor Engineering Company (CHEC) Ltd. officially began the construction of a major intercity road in Nigeria. The road passes through Nigeria’s capital of Abuja, linking Nasarawa and Benue states in the country's central region. 85% of the USD 500 mn project is funded by the Export-Import Bank of China, while the remaining 15% will be supplied by the Nigerian government.

4. Uganda – November: Uganda’s largest power transformer is unveiled, becoming both Uganda’s first factory to produce transformers and the first finished private joint-venture between China and Uganda. The factory is owned by Orion Transformers and Electrics Ltd., located in Mukono district. The factory produces 1,500 transformers and switch-gears annually, with an output value of USD 10 mn.

5. Zambia – November: Zambia’s president, Edgar Lungu, launches the construction of the Jiangxi Multi-Facility Economic Zone to be built by the Chinese consortium, Jiangxi United Industrial Development Ltd. The first phase of the project amounts to an investment of USD 300 mn and is estimated to create 5,000 jobs. The project will include various industries such as motor vehicle and generator assembling plants.

6. Zimbabwe – November: Construction for a new parliament in Zimbabwe begins in Mt. Hampden. The project will cost USD 110 mn with China contributing USD 100 mn. The project will be constructed by the Shanghai Construction Group.

This article is produced by The Beijing Axis and is published in The Econometer section of ChinAfrica magazine (January 2019), an English and French language monthly publication that provides news, views and analysis on all things China, Africa and China-Africa relations.